Assessing and choosing small business software
Software can help your small business to get organized and to manage finances, invoicing, client interactions, and more. Even in a small business digital transformation can be a struggle – it requires a company to take an honest look at their current processes and software and to learn new ones. MCK accounting and technology experts offer you these tips for assessing and choosing small business software:
1. Cost is an important factor when selecting software. It is important to understand software pricing structure and whether there are options or you to negotiation on the price. And, if you’re a non-profit, most software companies offer significant discounts that can save your organization money to devote to your cause.
2. Access to support is vital with any software. If they do not have an accessible help desk online or by phone, you may want to consider another software company.
3. Experience in the industry is vital. The longevity or size of a company may not seem like an important aspect, but larger companies tend to have more experience and trained staff. It’s good to consider the size and potential longevity of a software if you’re going to invest time, money, and business processes into it.
4. Testimonials and reviews from existing and past users can help you to better evaluate the software. Beware that some software companies may have false or misleading reviews online so make sure to seek out reputable sources.
5. Security is vital in the technology industry especially if your software is hosting confidential or sensitive information. Ask your software representative about their data security standards.
Do you need help selecting small business software?
MCK CPAs & Advisors has accounting and technology professionals on staff who can help you evaluate your systems and revie and select accounting or other small business software. Contact us today to get started.